Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 5:45:14 PM EDT
I used an ARMS #17dr (throw lever w/pic rail on top) and a Docter 55700-1 low profile weaver mount.  Both mounts are available from arizonagunrunners.com.  for an extra 1/8th inch I added a double battery adaptor I had laying around.  

The docter also works in front of mt acog ta01nsn much like duffy has done with his aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
So you are happy with this setup or do you think it is not worth the time?  Also, just how long do the batteries last on these little things anyway?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not shot it yet mounted this way. I am sure it will take several hundred rounds to know if I like it or not.

However, the sight and its mount weigh less than three oz. Whats not to like?  The brightness auto adjusts and it has never washed out even on a bright day w/snow on the ground.

Docter says the batery life is up to five years.  I changed mine every year for the last two years.  It never showed any signs of running down.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow 5 years!  Thanks for the info and let us know how you like the setup before I go buy the $80 ARMS mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top