Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 6:51:10 AM EDT
I just got an EOTECH 552 for my M4gery & love it but my current GG&G BUIS forces me to mount the EOTECH further forward than I want.

Which BUISs have a smaller footprint, so that I can mount my optic further back?

Many thanks for the help!

Will
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that you will receive alot of replies stating that you should mount the Eotech as far forward as possible anyway.  This will allow for a greater field of view while aiming with both eyes open.

I would have to agree with them
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
The Bushmaster BUIS has a small footprint.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the Knights 300m sight probably does, but as sydney stated, you'll probably want it forward on the reciever, if for anything, so you have easier access to the controls.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes to mounting as far forward as possible, and yes to using a KAC 300m if your going to go with a fold down sight.  I run an Eotech with a cut carry handle and have after a a couple of mags to get used to the new setup and sold on it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Foot print means surface covered on the flat top. If you look at the pic's, the #40 has the shortest foot print, and it's lower front also curves back to the rear, right where some mounts can over hang to get more eye adjustment.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Just checked something else. The KAC 300 meter and the #40 are the same in length as they are the only two I can get behind my #50 SIR.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Jack, for figuring out exactly what I meant by "footprint" ;-) . I probably should have explained myself better.

Sounds like the ARMS #40 it is.  I figured it was either the #40 or the KAC 300m.

Thanks to all.

Will
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh No.... Jack just suggested an ARMS product I hope this thread doesnt turn out like that other one even though the ARMS is the better choice IMO.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Well Maverick 656, if you have a better one to answer than the #40 or KAC 300 meter that I mentioned let us all know your wisdom:)
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top