Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 11:18:09 AM EDT
I own a Bushmaster M17s and have really become very fond of this thing. I'd like to try a little do-it-yourself modifications. Thus, the following two questions:

1. Is there a flip-up front sight that can sit on the same rail as the 600m flip-up rear sight? Most of the front sights seem designed to sit on a lower plane, such as the barrel

2. 1913 rail stock - most of the 1913 rail is pre-fab for particular needs. I'm interested in finding lengths of it to mount directly to the top of the M17s

At some point I hope to ship this to KKF, but I'm not quite ready to make that leap yet. I really love this ugly thing.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I own a Bushmaster M17s and have really become very fond of this thing. I'd like to try a little do-it-yourself modifications. Thus, the following two questions:

1. Is there a flip-up front sight that can sit on the same rail as the 600m flip-up rear sight? Most of the front sights seem designed to sit on a lower plane, such as the barrel

2. 1913 rail stock - most of the 1913 rail is pre-fab for particular needs. I'm interested in finding lengths of it to mount directly to the top of the M17s

At some point I hope to ship this to KKF, but I'm not quite ready to make that leap yet. I really love this ugly thing.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Answer to number one is the Knights flip up front that is made to sit on a FF RAS or RAS II.  Both of those systems have the forend rails at the same height as the flattop receiver so there should be no problem mounting on the same rail.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Brownells has 6" and 12" lengths of Picatinny rail stock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Much obliged, thank you.

As far as Kurt's goes, believe me, I've been following his M17 work for some time now. But if I send it there, it's not going to be for a quick rail attachment - I'm going for about seven mods that I've seen. This is just an interim experiment. I suppose I'll post something if I manage to make it work.

Thanks again for the advice.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top