Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 6:00:47 AM EDT
I need a sight for short range... 100 or 125 feet. economic and look good for my xm15 a3 modular. I have $100.00 175.00

thanks...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You might find an older Aimpoint CompM for that price.  No ACOGs will be available at in that range, I'd say save up and get an ACOG! [:d]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
so 0-40 yds?

a bushnell holosight can be had for about 160.00.  tasco makes a lot of red dot's that can fail for that price.  i would say stick with irons until you can afford a mil spec Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Iron?

If you can't hit something at a distance that you can throw the rifle out to you don't need a better set of sights you need more practice.

If you can't make center of mass hits at 300 feet you need more practice. You should be able to keep your shots in an 8" plate shooting off hand at this distance all day long like it was your job.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy 500 rds of XM193 and practice with your irons.  Then shop for a used Aimpoint or Eotech.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
At that very shot distance and wanting what you say, plus save a lot of money and never miss the target, it would be most practical to do the following for your needs and look!

TAKE THE CARDBOARD CENTER FROM A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER, GLUE A COUPLE OF SMALL BOTTLE CAPS ON AT TOP CENTER AND ONE AT THE SIDE, AND PAINT TO THE CAMO COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE.
Jack

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot even thow not asked, the mount can be made from a piece of wood, pressure treated if you go hole-hog:)
Jack
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want you can upgrade from the block of wood to the ARMS 17TP (get it TP = toilet paper)

OK sorry, If I were you look at the OKO sight for $150 on ebay or Brownells if you get the dealer price.  Do a search on the OKO I was interested in one until new-arguy gave me acogitis.  And practice with your iron's is always good to even after you buy an optic.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
At the distance you are requiring can be augmented with a (range finder), I sugest a tape measure could also be taped to the forearm of the weapon, but that could be expensve to buy at the local hardware store, or search the flea markets maybe.
Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top