Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2003 8:57:20 AM EDT
Picked up a trilux at a gun show for 125.00 a couple of weeks ago.the carry handle mount that it came with shot low so I Jb welded a couple of shims to the back mount tabs. problem sovlved. Bought a new mount (weaver style) from Tapco last week and had to do the same thing. The scope has the correct 223 cam installed.Mounted on my 1983 SGW CAR.Love the way this thing is in focus and right on from 20ft to infinity. Did not have to make any changes from 50yds to 100yrds.Amazing. Does the real Israilie mount have different dimentions? Thanks for any help. ED
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Shim for what? The optic and mount are a British design, not IDF.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Israel was using them on 223 rifles with a carry handle mount.All writing on the scope is in Hebrew.You can buy elevation cams for 308 or 223. mine cam with the 223.The shims I put on are under the elevation cam flats that are on the rear of the mount.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
EDH:

How is the eye relief on the Trilux? DO you have to put your eye up into the boot or can you take that off? That is my biggest concern about this sight, how long it takes to set up and fire. How do you use it on your AR, flat top mount? Boy I sure would like to find one for that price. Is the person you bought it from a dealer? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The eye relief seems to be about 3" but the scope just would not look the same with out the eye cup.The mount I bought from Tapco can be mounted on any weaver base. the Israelies came up with a carry handle mount.I bought this thing from a private party that had a table at a gun show.It still had the Trinium container installed but was dead so I cut a cheap Mepro that the screw broke off with my Dremel and in stalled the trinium capsule in the scope. works great and no bateries for 12 yrs. hope this helps.I have no choice but to mount it on a carry handle,since my AR was made before flat tops were popular. ED
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't realize that the IDF had Hebrew markings put on the British made trilux, it makes sense. The IDF did use them on their 7.62 FN's.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Just wondering if you tried using the elevation adjustment screw at the front of the sight before shimming?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top