Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/23/2003 5:02:05 PM EDT
I would like to mount an IOR Valdada M2 to my AR15 A3 and need high mount rings. IOR has them for $160, thats more than I really want to pay. So, Can I get a few suggestions for a pair of alternate rings for under a $100.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You might be able to use a ARMS #5 mount...

The only rings that I know are tall enough are the Badger and KAC rings, both above and beyond the $100 point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The ARMS #22 high 30 mm rings RTL' for only 109. and are the most repeat zero because of the throw levers. The same rings are used on the SPR gov't sniper rifles in med and high.
Wes grant has them shown here for sale.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Another happy user of ARMS 22 high rings reporting [:)]  Despite many people's misgivings on QD rings (not necessarily ARMS rings, but ANY QD rings), mine have never lost zero over the years and repeated removal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Silence214:
Valdada's high rings are around $100 at most dealers.   Take a look at www.cactustactical.com.  

The Valdada company  web site lists full retail for all their products.  Don't buy from them,  there are better priced alternatives.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
1 more vote for ARMS #22H rings. One of the dumbest gun-related decisions I've ever made was to sell the set I had.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I own three sets of ARMS #22 and had one snap a locking lever causing me to nearly lose a scope on its first trip out in the field.

In fairness after three or four e-mails and a couple of phone calls they came though after six weeks and replaced the thing.

I'd still buy another set from them. I've also had good luck with the Leupold QDR's which are half the price of the ARMS.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info. Would anyone happen to know who offers the highest (tallest) High mount 30mm rings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info. Would anyone happen to know who offers the highest (tallest) High mount 30mm rings.
View Quote
How high do you want the scope? I know that the ARMS #22 High rings will place the scope at the same level as the irons would be, so your cheekweld would be no different than with a standard AR15A2. If you are concerned about the scope being too low to see over the front sight base, don't be. At 4x, the scope will see "through" it, and at the worst, the sight base will be a VERY weak blur that you'll have to look for to really notice.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
On pages 300 and 301 of the current Brownell's catalog they have a listing ofo about a hundred ring heights.

The IOR scopes are 30 mm aren't they?

Per the chart the tallest ex-high 30mm scopes are the Badger Ordanance "Maximized" and the "Max-50" rings at 0.878" measured from the bottom of the base to the top of the surface the ring sits on.

Newer rings weren't included in the chart so the NightForce "30mm Tactical Rings" are about the same height.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top