Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 7:09:58 PM EDT
I am looking at getting on of these scoped in 3x9-40.  I do a lot of night hunting, and think that this would be great.  It is either this, or a Fullfield II with lighted reticle.  I like the Bushnell since I can get it at a good price on sale.  I am looking for opinions on the FireFly reticle.

Thanks for the help.

Jason
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read that the recticle stays lit for a pathetically short period of time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the FireFly too, but I gave up quickly when I considered that I'd have to shine a flashlight into my scope before it would work...  Sure, it doesn't use batteries, but the flashlight does, so the advantage is really not there.  Plus you can lose your flashlight altogether.

I am looking hard at the Burris Fullfield II with illuminated Ballistic Plex.  You get the added advantage of having the "holdover lines" at distances to 500 yards.

If I just wanted a reasonably priced, quality illuminated scope with the standard plex reticle, I would most likely get a Simmons Aetec with illuminated reticle at under $200.

Whatever you decide, check out the prices at [url]www.riflescopes.com[/url] before you buy.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top