Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 11:43:35 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with these?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I replied to my own post to move it back to the top so it wouldn't get lost under all the ACOG questions.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my .458 SOCOM.  I love it.  It locks up and down so it stays put where ever you put it.  It uses standard A2 front sight posts.   Combined with an ARMS #40A rear, I did not need a taller front sight post for the .458 SOCOM like you normally do with the #40 rear, or at least that is what they say on the Bushmaster sales sight.  Back to the FA flip.  This is exactly the same flip-up front sight that is sold by Bushmaster. Both FA and B's sights are made by [url=https://secure.valinet.com/~yankeeh/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi]Yankee Hill[/url] and is so marked on the front of the sight:  YHM.   If you buy it from Bushmaster is is slightly cheaper than buying it through Brownells, even with the dealer discount.  Yankee Hill only sells this particular sight through certain outlets, as they will not sell it directly off their web site.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Seems like I remember somebody saying that the Bushmaster front flip sight was not any good.  I guess I will try and see.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the FA sight on my AR and it works fine....
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
YHM has a brand new front sight they are producing and have in stock but not up on their web page yet. Its an all steel construction lower profile model. If you call or write them im sure they can send you a pic and pricing .Its very affordable but top quality.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Hellfire57 is correct. YHM does have two new flip front sights coming out. They do have an all steel construction and use the standard A2 sight post, detent and spring. One mounts to YHM railed gas blocks the other mounts to any picatinny railed forearm. They only lock in the up position allowing for quick deployment.
The gas block mounted sight is availble now and the forearm mounted sight will be availble in two weeks. The retail price is $71.95 each. They are not yet on our web site but you can call to place an order. Below is a photo of both items.
[img]http://www.yhm.net/images/FLIP%20SIGHTS.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top