Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2003 6:19:16 AM EDT
Have a dpms artic panther & a leupold 2-7 vx2 ordered. Can i use the extra high milletts or could i end up too close to the scope and need a mount to set everything forward? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
    The Picatinny rail on a flat-top may not let you mount the scope far enough forward for a comfortable position, especially in prone. I use an extended riser (1/2" high) made by Accuracy Speaks (available direct or from Brownell's) combined with standard-height rings.  There's now a similar one available from Compass Lake Engineering.  This gives me an extra 4" of rail and lets me mount a Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT (a rather long scope) and gives me the option for an extra 15' of built-in elevation for long range work. I'm using Wiegand Combat rings (available from Brownell's) - they were inexpensive and work well, even though they don't have the macho look many seem to like.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If you like the KISS approach, go with the Armalite one piece mount. The only possible drawback is they are a little low but it will give you the forward offset needed for medium to long scopes. --RR

[img]http://www.armalite.com/shared/images/armalite_scope_mount.gif[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top