Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 4:31:11 PM EDT
Bought Bushmaster 16 A2 carbine and an EOTECH 512.  Received advice from C4iGrant re how to mount it.  Was stupid and cheap, didn't follow advice re gooseneck mount for co-witnessing, and went with really cheap handle top mount.  Came to senses, was placing order for other things with Brownell's (for LE discount) and decided to buy California Competition Works Dual Level Optic Mount (same price as C4iGrant's suggested mount) to co-witness EOTECH and side mount new M3 LED which I should have bought through EE from Bowers Tactical.  You got it, new mount places sight way too high (and didn't come with tightening nut) and sight too long to use side mount for M3.  

Acknowledging my own fault in all of this, HELP!  First, C4iGrant, I will purchase from you whatever mount you previously suggested.  Second, how should I mount the M3?  The handguards have seven large diameter holes on the top and the bottom - can I use the small accessory mount suggested by Streamlight for the M3?  Will the flashlight be blocked by the front sling swivel (which appears to not be able to be removed)?  What else do I need to make this work?  

Thanks in advance.  Wearing the hair shirt.  RTAB1.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok. for the EOTECH get the mount that C4iGrant suggested. That problem will be solved. As for the M3 light, yes an under the forearm rail like the Advanced Armament Corp rail is perfect. GG&G will work too on a Bushmaster but not so good on Colts for anybody else that may need to know. The sling swivel will stay up and out of the way of the light but won't work so good for slinging arms. You'll need a side swivel adapter which is a better mode anyway.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#2]
But if we give you advice wont you just go buy something else instead that wont work?  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
C4: I'll call you during a break in the action today.  Fire up the cash register!!!!!  Russ

PS: Spoke to Grant.  Got what I need.  Many thanks.  PS  Also got some great ideas on a few ways to spend a whole lot more money.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top