Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2003 10:39:56 AM EDT
I'm confused. Is this module for storing a second battery in a "ready position" for swapping out, or are the two batteries working togther to double the voltage to the laser diode and increase the brightness of the dot?

Why would I want one of thes?

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Storage for a spare battery "just in case"...you know what a joker that Murphy guy is!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
They dont work together.  It simply functions as a spare.  

Think of it as a mag-cinch for batteries [;)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
You unscrew the cap, remove battery "unit" rotate 180 degrees and reinstall.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Its a well-designed little gadget.  I'll get one if I ever dump my GGG cantilever mount.  I guess I could put one in my VLTOR behind a row of foam earplugs, but I can't get into the battery stuffing everywhere game.  Batteries in grips, 4grips, stocks, sights...when does it end?  

I'm sure there will be a RAS attachment  soon with an ARMS throwlever called "tactical bolt/battery/ammo storage tube".  Remember the survival kits in Rambo knives when we were kids?  Glad that fad died.  I'll be the guy with a bunch of dead batteries when the SHTF...I hear ya.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its a well-designed little gadget.  I'll get one if I ever dump my GGG cantilever mount.  I guess I could put one in my VLTOR behind a row of foam earplugs, but I can't get into the battery stuffing everywhere game.  Batteries in grips, 4grips, stocks, sights...when does it end?  

I'm sure there will be a RAS attachment  soon with an ARMS throwlever called "tactical bolt/battery/ammo storage tube".  Remember the survival kits in Rambo knives when we were kids?  Glad that fad died.  I'll be the guy with a bunch of dead batteries when the SHTF...I hear ya.
View Quote

Lol. I was thinking the ARMS Throw lever battery packs myself[:D]

So, does the double battery compartment have the little button on the end to catch the M2 rubber err,"Thong-thingie"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9460[/img]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=9461[/img]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Excellent. Thanks, Lump.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback and the pics so quickly. I find that my first 6 Aimpoint ML2 settings when turning the dial are pretty useless outside, or in any bright lights. I have to run it all the way up to the second to last rotary position to get a nice bright dot I can pick up fast when shouldering. The last position seems to cause too much visual abberation, something like the way headlights at night look without glasses on. Anyone else have this problem?

Brian
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't this what SWFA says you get if you buy an Aimpoint from them???

They said they would send me one back this summer when I ordered my new Aimpoint.  Still haven't seen it.  Oh well, life goes on!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah Brian.  Just dial what you need.  If the first are too dim then you'll be glad you have them in a really dark area.  The last super bright one that seems to distort is also nice on a bright sunny day.  All settings have their place and will make the same intensity dot depending upon ambient lighting.  

Personally I like to set it where I can see the perfectly defined little circle, then one click brighter.  That 4 MOA dot can appear 10+MOA if you let it starlight and distort too much.  The ease of adjustment is why I like the Aimpoint better than other systems.  Tweak it on the go to best fit conditions.  If in doubt give it a click up or down and listen to your eyes!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback and the pics so quickly. I find that my first 6 Aimpoint ML2 settings when turning the dial are pretty useless outside, or in any bright lights. I have to run it all the way up to the second to last rotary position to get a nice bright dot I can pick up fast when shouldering. The last position seems to cause too much visual abberation, something like the way headlights at night look without glasses on. Anyone else have this problem?

Brian
View Quote

Sameway here, also have the M2 (for use by others to demo NV) however, the M2 is in effect missing one of the next to the brightess two settings.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top