Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 7:58:40 AM EDT
I've got a bushmaster with standard A2. I have a problem keeping a consistant cheekweld when using red dots or scopes, due to having to bring my head up.

I wanted to get a cheek raiser, but then I am concerned it would get in the way of my irons and of my SOP sling.

Would one of those really long mounts work fine? The one that screws into the carry handle, slopes down towards the barrel and rests on the handguard? Anyone have experience with those?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi, I was wondering about the same. I read a lot of stuff about optic recently and these models of mount look good. But because they are only attach to the back, do they hold a good zero, do they vibrate, are they fragile, etc... That are the questions...

Thanks,
Clovis
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one of the mounts, but lots of guys on here do.  I'm sure they will be along shortly.  I do know those with A2 uppers typically prefer to mount there Aimpoints/dots on these gooseneck mounts.  They put the dot more forward on the rifle and allow for co-witnessing your irons.

There are several models available.  While I don't use any of them, I do use other ARMS stuff and would look at their gooseneck mounts.  ARMS makes some great stuff.  I think GG&G makes another mount.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the ARMS #39 mount at [url=http://www.mstn.biz/]MSTN[/url].  What kind of optics are you guys wanting to mount?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems to be alot of you guys with the same question lately, see here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=176280&w=searchPop[/url], check the links I gave him, as you both have same questions and the links are from another with same question....

Welcome aboard,
Mike

added: [b]for Clovis[/b], the ARMS #39A2 gooseneck refered to above and if ya follow my links will show ya a pic of IS NOT A MOUNT AT THE REAR ONLY FLIMSY THING, it is a solid gooseneck and even has a brush-guard to keep vines and limbs from getting hung up when di-di-ing thru the bush or heavy woods.

here ya go: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=1482[/img]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Mr_Wilson. It is exactly what I wanted to know. The worst thing that could happend is buying a $125 mount and finding out it is not good enough. But now with your explanation I know it is a well design equipment. So if I decide to go with the Aimpoint, I'll order a #39 at the same time. Just need to find out what is the equivalent in quality of #39 but for an Holosight.
Clovis
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top