Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2003 2:36:26 AM EDT
I am planning to put a dot sight on my AR mounted in the forward position on an ARMS #39 bi level mount. First, can either sight be set up for co-witness, and is one better in this forward position than the other? It seems the Eo might be better since it is basically a flat surface as opposed to the aimpoint being a tube. If either can be co-witnessed, does anyone know which mount to use? I don't want to waste money buying mounts that don't work.

TIA
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't own either - but I've been researching the same issue.

General consensus is that the Aimpoint cowitnesses great with the ARMS #39, but the EOTech sits too high.  You need the PRI Gooseneck mount for the EOTech if you want it to cowitness.

I am sure others can give you more specifics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
For use w/ the ARMS #39A2 mount the Aimpoint ML or ML2 will co-witness with just the ARMS #22M68 mount, (no spacer necessary).

For the EOTech to co-witness it will require a different approach. (as the EOTech needs to be mounted at the "flat-top" height inorder to "co-witness")

1. you can use a KAC RIS, w/ EOTech mounted direct to it.
2. there's a maker of an adjustable version (PRI has one) of the #39A2 type mount, which the EOTech can be mounted to directly, that can be adjusted to the correct co-witness height.
3. you can use the cheaper Fobus "railed" handguards, (but NOTE: these do NOT provide as soild a platform and may shift POI with use)
4. ARMS makes a S.I.R. sysytem, the #50 or 51 IIRC that has a "two" leveled rail, with the over the handgurad area "AT THE PROPER HEIGHT" for co-witness EOTech mounting.

Hope this helps, remember the Aimpoints need the ARMS #22M68 with the spacer to mount directly on the flat-top, and the the "slanted or cantilever" spacer has become a popular option as opposed to the standard square one, as it postions the Aimpoint further foward.

Good Luck,
Mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys. That answers a lot for me. I would asume that if there are that many people mounting the ML series Aimpoints inthe forward position, that there are litttle to no issues with sighting thru them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top