Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 2:28:30 PM EDT
It is kinda like a Holosight or a Dr. Optic.  They seem well made to me but I have never used one.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know how much front sight is in the lens when mounted to a flat top? Will it co-witness with an ARMS #40? Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have mounted a few of these.  There are issues with co-witnessing them.  Either too high or too low.  There are no risers that are just right.  I talked with KKF about getting some done, but he is so covered up, I dunno when they would get made.  I also have a buddy who has one that swears it has parallax error, though I don't know how since it is a single glass projection system.  I'm going to see if I can get it from him and check it out.  

But with all that said.... I like them.  If I can get him to sell the one he has cheap enough to me I'm thinking about mounting one on my 11-87.  HTH.

Also, it is my understanding that the hakko people are the people that make the ACOGs.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one a few years ago that cowitnessed fine on my Bushy M4. All in all, a cool sight. I'd like to try the new compact version sometime...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had one a few years ago that cowitnessed fine on my Bushy M4. All in all, a cool sight. I'd like to try the new compact version sometime...
View Quote

Which model did ya have?  I mounted the BED-35.  I think the other would be fine from the looks of it.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got my BED-24 in the mail today and im extremely pleased. It looks and feels really solid, no plastic on it from what i can see. Even came with a nifty rubber lense cover to protect the optics. For the price of 140.00 i had to try one. And TNRonin is right, i found a write up about different sights that did say Hakko is the manufactuer of ACOGs.

Viper out
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got my BED-24 in the mail today and im extremely pleased. It looks and feels really solid, no plastic on it from what i can see. Even came with a nifty rubber lense cover to protect the optics. For the price of 140.00 i had to try one. And TNRonin is right, i found a write up about different sights that did say Hakko is the manufactuer of ACOGs.

Viper out
View Quote

I found it as well, sounds like: [BS2]

[url]http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scope.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
If you follow the link to the manufacturer (Hakko) it does show that they have a similar (or same) item called the trijicon series.
Id be curious if this story is true.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Fascinating!!!  This is a MUST-READ.  [url]http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/scope.html[/url]  [b]I wonder how much of this is true?[/b]

According to this webpage, it seems the "Brand" of scope is just the company that markets the scope.  But the actual company that makes it could be completely different.  I was surprised to read that so many "brands" don't actually make their own scopes, but rather subcontract Japanese companies to make them.  Some examples:

Hakko makes: Trijicon Acogs, Tasco Super Sniper, Springfield Gen. III scopes. [b](Is this true??)[/b]

Light Optical Works makes: Bausch & Lomb Elite scope, Lightforce Nightforce scopes, and Weaver scopes. (??)

This isn't unlike other products on the market though.  

For example, most laptop companies do not make their own laptops (Alienware, Compaq, Toshiba, HP, Sager, etc..) but instead they contract manufacturers to make it for them.  That's why many times, you'll buy a laptop (like Alienware) then find out that it bears a striking resemblence to Sagar notebooks and wonder why.  

I know that Sigarms contracts Mec-Gar to make their mags.  I'm sure Mec-Gar is the OEM for many other companies as well.

-Jim
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I Posted this - 11/19/2003

I have been to their Wixom plant.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=215950&w=searchPop[/url]

ACOG Assembly Supervisor

Company: Trijicon, Inc.
Pay: $35,000
Shift: Second Shift (Afternoon)

Department: ACOG Assembly

Manager: Optics Production Manager

Responsibilities:

* Supervising departmental personnel in accordance with Company’s values in pursuit of the Company’s mission.
* Monitoring human resource activities in the Department.
* Scheduling and assigning daily tasks
* Training of departmental personnel
* Inventory control
* Updating bill of materials
* Overseeing all perpetual and periodic inventory counts
* Reviewing and correcting the employee time tracking system
* Maintaining employees training records
* Maintaining our inventory, scrap, and hold areas
* Writing and updating work procedures/instructions
* Maintaining the Quality Assurance System in the department
* Technical problem solving on assembly issues
* Reviewing and addressing repair issues on all telescopic sight products
* Performs other related tasks, as assigned

Requirements:

* B.S. degree in Business Administration/Production Inventory Management or equivalent
* Ability to lead, motivate, select, train, and instruct staff.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to delegate responsibilities
* Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Adaptable to change
* Attentive to detail, accurate and well organized
* Able to effectively prioritize
* Able to work on multiple tasks at once
* Dependable and reliable

Hours:
4:00 p.m. to 12 a.m., Monday through Frid
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#11]
The side of my TA11 says "Made in the USA" on it. On top of that, this issue has come up before and I called Trijicon to ask them about it.

They reiterated that their scopes are made here in the United States.

My guess is that Hakko makes an ACOG knockoff for Airsofters and the guy with the webpage above saw that page and decided that Hakko=Trijicon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
One more vote for Made in U.S.A.

I read the Marsh web page a coupla years back, and believed it so well that I repeated it here on ar15.com. Big Mistake.

After I recovered from the attack, I called Trijicon and spoke to several folks, all who swore up-and-down it is made entirely in-house in Michigan.

Finally, I did what I shoulda done all along and looked at my TA47-2. Yup, it sez Made in U.S.A. on it.

I now believe Marsh saw Hakko's Airsoft page (which is entirely in Japanese) and jumped to the wong conclusion. Taught me about believing everything I read, too.

We live and learn....[:)]

BTW, Hakko DOES make a lot of other scopes under contract, including some pretty good ones. They made the Beeman SS series, which I have and love.... The problem, of course, is that they make them to the brand name's spex, so if an excellent product is required, that's what they get, but if a cost-cutting effort is required....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top