Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2003 11:41:59 AM EDT
Went the cheap route for a scope for a flattop A3 - BSA 6-24x40 Mil Dot

Need better eye relief and am concerned about holding zero.  Any suggestions for middle range quality ($300ish) replacement?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
TackShot-
Although it might be a tad more than the 300 dollar range ($359 at swfa.com) the bushnell 4200 series is supposed to be sweet.  I wish I could give you actual feedback, but mine is on order as we speak.  Like I said, I don't have one personally, but everyone I've asked, talked to, or read reviews from seems to say nothing but good about this particular scope and the bushnell elite 4200 series in general!  They say they are crystal clear bright optics.  Just thought I would add given my current research on the matter.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That's one of the ones I was looking at.  What are you doing about rise off the flattop?  Right now I've got an ASA quickmount for 1" rings that puts the scope 2.5" over the bore center to center.  With an A2 stock and ear protection its not comfortable at all. Have to get some more rise off the bore I guess - but don't like the notion of introducing all that distance between bore and scope -maybe a non-issue though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top