Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 3:10:22 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these sights?  I am shopping for a sight for my Mossberg 590.  I was leaning toward the Bushnell holosight and then found the Mepro 21 and 25.  I can't find a local shop that has them though.  Make me think there is a reason that nobody stocks them..  Any feedback is welcome.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I installed one on a customer's AR, I was impressed with it.  It has a larger FOV than the trijicon reflex.  Looked to be as sturdy as the trij reflex.

The mount is included with it as well.  My only beef was the reticle.  The dot is too small IMHO.  Other than that I really liked it.  

I remembered that I had some pics on my server.  I'm too lazy for them all, but here is a side by side pic.
[img]http://tnrdgrnr.com/sidebyside.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It has the same washout problems that the Trijicon Reflex does.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It has the same washout problems that the Trijicon Reflex does.
View Quote

It also is a cheaper copy of the real thing.  if you want Reflex, go Trijicon, if you want red dot, go with either EOTech or Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe more of a washout due to the location of the fiber optic.  I dunno, I have not shot a mounted site yet.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
From my limited use, the washout of the dot was very bad. Any number of targets and or backgrouds would make the dot hard to see.
Another thing I didn't like was the blue lens.
Off colored targets will disappear in to the background.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top