Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 9:41:09 AM EDT
I can pick one up for $150. I will be using the optic on a CAR A4 at ranges inside 100 M. I was going to pick up an EOTECH 510, but this discount is tempting. If anyone has used both optics, let me know your .02
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used both. The only problem I had with the OKO is that the screw, mounts into plastic, which didnt make me feel safe about banging it around much. It worked excellent and blue loc tited the screws just in case. Im sorry I got rid of mine.
I have the Bushnell Holosight (same as EOtech) and like it as well. Its more stout in mounting and it hold zero.
Either way you cant go wrong.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Great site, especially for the money.

[url=http://groups.msn.com/ThePennsylvaniaAR15ShootersSite/optics.msnw]Optics, Sights and Mounts Reviews[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#4]
  I'm in agreement about the OKO, it seemed too cheesy to be on my AR. It ended up on my 1187 Dove shooter and I like it there.
  The EOTech is a much more durable piece. I first bought the AA 552.A65 NV version but traded it for the more compact N 551.A65 NV, I prefer the smaller version on my flattop.
  I just picked up an Aimpoint ML2 with an ARMS #22M68 & full spacer. I haven't mounted it on my flattop yet but I think I already prefer the EOTech. (The aimpoint reminds me of the rest of the red dots..my opinion only. )

If you can come up with the original $$$ for the EOTech just buy it. Look at it and hold it, mount it on your rifle. If you do not like what you hold and feel for whatever reason, just sell it for 10-20 bucks less than what you paid. If you buy for a decent price you don't get gouged...and for 20 bucks it's worth it, to me anyway.

These are my humble opinions, from a regular guy that likes to shoot his SHTF AR's. I do not kick down doors or defend our country for a living, but I do respect and support the Men and Women that do.

Good Luck shopping...
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. Dont like the plastic screws on the oko. Looks like the Eotech.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top