Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2003 8:21:13 AM EDT
Does anyone have some insight about what Leupold has in store for us in the coming new year.  They have discountinued several of their 2003 lines, but have not shed any light on what features will be included in the 2004 line-up.  

Browsing on MidwayUSA's website, they had some Leupold scopes listed that are not available yet.  I need to buy another scope and not sure if I should hold out for something new and exciting (TS30A2, please!) or cash in on the discounted prices of their closeout models?

TIA
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I need a new Leupold too, but I'm waiting for the '04 models.

From what I've read over at snipershide.com is that they are dropping the VariXIII line and renaming it.  All the LR tacticals will be in the MKIV line name now, and they will have a new lens coating or something.

There will also be several new models, and some new additions to the illuminated models available.  Along with the new illuminated reticle (the whole reticle will now be illuminated instead of just the tiny cross).

This is only what I have gathered from the info that has been posted over the past few months, so don't take it as concrete.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got kind of an inside line....Don't expect anything earth shattering from loopy...Look for the VariX 1 and 2 lines to go the way of the dodo..I think its more of a streamlining of their product lines....I think they're getting tried of competing in the 200-300$ range.A friend of mine works at Premiere Ret...I was looking for a VX-2 for a Smokepole im giving to my dad for Xmas and was advised to hold off till the first of the year for a price cut.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If they compete for the SPR SOPMOD upgrade they will develop a 2-8X mildot illuminated reticle scope with a drop compensator that can be viewed while looking through the scope.  This is not a certainty but is very likely.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If they compete for the SPR SOPMOD upgrade they will develop a [red]2-8x mildot illuminated reticle scope with a drop compensator [/red]that can be viewed while looking through the scope.  This is not a certainty but is very likely.
View Quote

Man!  Ain't that something to bust your nut on..........
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
automatic focusing scopes with a speaker that yells preprogrammed obscenities to the target[BD]

...sorry...booze talkin'[booze]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top