Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2003 2:19:02 PM EDT
I have purchased an RRA M4gery, flattop that has no rear sight (has standard front sight).  For now I want just an iron sight, however I want one that is quality and accurate.  I have been looking at the ARMS #40, however it looks like it is a bit lower than a standard carry handle rear sight and there is something on the bushie websight that says you have to change your front sight post if you use the ARMS rear sight.  So I've also looked at the RRA tactical carry handle with sight, or of course a regular carry handle.  So what is recommended and what can you tell me about the issues with the #40 and it's height and the front sight.  thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#1]
yhm.net has a good solid rear sight at an afordable price. And it will whitness your front with a standard site post
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If you ever decide in the future you want to slap an optic on that thing, you'd be really glad then if you'd bought an ARMS #40 now. As far as needing a taller front sight post...? I've had 3 different setups with #40s on 'em, and 2 didn't need it, 1 did (does, I STILL haven't gotten around to getting one). Even if you do end up needing a taller sight post, wth, it's only $5.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
What sort of ranges do you shoot at?  Past 300?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an ARMS#40 on my RRA flatop.,.It zero'd with no problems,Didnt need a taller front sight post......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yet another vote for the ARMS #40 if you want it to fold down out of the way.  If you and it fixed ands still allow for a red dot, go with a cut carry handle or LMT.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Yet another vote for the ARMS #40, and for ADCO Firearms.

Get the best, from the best.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top