User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2003 8:11:04 PM EDT
www.swfa.com

and

www.bearbasin.com

are my favorite sites to shop for scopes but
any others out there I should visit  ??????

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You've got my favorites listed.

I have also bought from Botash but won't recommend them to anybody that can't drive the distance to their place and start a shouting match with them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.premierreticles.com/[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Try  www.theopticzone.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always found best prices at Natchez - no url, but do a Google search and it pops right up.

P.S.
here it is
http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?category=20
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
www.dnrsports.com

Great prices!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]www.dnrsports.com[/url]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
An AR-related internet purchase from me will always be from a board sponsor or board member, even if it is a little more.  I won't quibble about a few bucks. To the FalFiles sponsors goes my FAL business.  AK related goes here and to the FalFiles AK board.  I am not presently a paying member on any of these boards, but I buy a lot of stuff from their sponsors and I recommend new shooters support site sponsors when using an internet purchase.  

I see new guys almost every week at the range and generally get asked for a source of something for rifles, so that stuff can multiply in a hurry.

Tapco doesn't get my FAL business anymore, but will still get AR/AK related stuff if I deem it prudent to do so.

D&R doesn't post their Nikon prices, which is very likely my next scope.  Which is probably coming from SWFA.

My co-worker just purchased a 4.5x14 Nikon Buckmaster from SWFA and was happy with the customer service, which was important, as he is a new shooter and was unsure of what he was looking for.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]www.brunoshooters.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have also bought from Botash but won't recommend them to anybody that can't drive the distance to their place and start a shouting match with them.
View Quote

Hahaha!  Ain't that the truth.  And if you do drive there, wear Kevlar, pack heat, and keep your doors locked...[@:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.premierreticles.com/[/url]

Mike
View Quote

I second that!  Excellent optics, reticle choices and service for very reasonable (like unbelievable for what you get!) prices.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:16:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't forget that we have a 110% price protection guarantee and will beat any price out there and we help support this site too.
View Quote

Three weeks ago I called you and asked about a Schmidt & Bender PMII 4-16x50mm and if you would match/beat the price I had from MidSouth Shooters Supply which was $1612.88. The lady on the phone thought I was nuts, apparently you were selling them for well over $2000.00 and out and out refused to match their price. Today I hold the scope in my hand, delivered from Midsouth at the above quoted price. So tell me, what happened to your guarantee?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Funny, I asked them to explain the 110% price protection guarantee in the thread "Good IOR tactical scope dealer?" and have been met with silence.  Guess it's sorta complicated.

Hey BuLLet,

Hope you enjoy your S&B.  I see you take your optics seriously and aren't afraid to pony up the coin to get quality.  If you are ever in the market for a tactical scope again, I'd like to suggest the IOR 4-14x50 with MP-8 and side parallax adjustment with sunshade and mil-calculater.  It goes for literally 1/2 the price of your S&B and the S&B has nothing on it.

Remember,

Liberty and IOR Optics.....for all!!!

Scott @ Liberty
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Scott, ya'll got a web site? IOR scopes look good. How much for an 4x24M2 with 223 cam and CQB reticle? Could this be the poor man's ACOG only with decent eye relief?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]
ipschoser,  check out Cactus Tactical, they have been selling Valdada products for 4  - 5 years through their retail store.  Their web site is www.cactustactical.com.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#16]
#1 - Premier Reticles {because I love Leupolds}

#2 - SWFA

I wouldn't procure another item from D&R Sports if [b]you[/b] bought it and paid me to make the transaction.

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are talking about Trijicon ACOGs, Mike @ CSGunworks where I would go.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I emailed SWFA two weeks agao about the Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5X illuminated Duplex Retical, which is not listed on their website.  Have yet to receive a reply....

Oh well, Natchez has it in their print catalog.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
SWFA is a great place to buy. Good customer service, quck shipping and transactions and they are not afraid to say " I do not know" THey do however find out the info for you. They also do not TRY to place you in a specific brand either as some scope retailers do. They sold me an awesome Simmons scope that my cousin " Who used to do this for a living" cant beleive the quality and price. I called one place and they "Immediately said, Zeis, Schwarzki or Schmidt Bender are their choices and bad mouthed everything else. Do not get me wrong they would incredible scopes to own but at an average of 2k a piecefor what I was looking at, I would be scared to mount it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered a Bushnell Elite from Bear Basin Outfitters last week. Good service and prices.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to Coal Creek Armory and asked for a "BEST" price delivered to my zip code. It was a GREAT price, CALL do not do email stuff!!!

Good luck.

Edited to say: AND tell then you are from ARF.com!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#23]
SWFA.com is very good in my limited experience!

[:)]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top