Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 1:20:05 PM EDT
Whats the difference between the AR-10 and regular versions? From what I understand, you can get the AR-10 version in 3 lengths:

and the regular version comes in 2 lengths:

Could I put the STD-AR10 version on an AR-15? Does anyone have length measurements for the AR-10 versions?

The reason that I'm asking is because it looks like the regular 8.460" rail doesn't extend over the handguard. The 14" is too long. I'm wanting to be able to get proper eye relief by being able to mount the scope as far forward as needed. I dont need a BUIS. This is gonna go on a 16" upper.

Would the GG&G GS-1 F.I.R.E Rail be a better alternative?
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't put an AR10 sleeve on an AR15, the receivers are much dif. in length and why they make dif. type rails, so they fit.
Go to the #36 that are made for an AR15, the lengths are made to give you what you need. ARMS have been making rals a lot longer than anyone else out there, so you can bet they know what they are doing.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info 3rdtk. So will the 8.460" extend over the handguard? I don't have my AR with me right now to measure. I'm looking to get something that will extend over the handguards about 2-3 inches so it will be possible to get some extra eye relief that mounting directly on the flattop won't provide. I am also looking at the GG&G GS1 Rail. From the pictures, thats what I want, but I would prefer something from ARMS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The 36 ex's I have seen at the ranges over the last couple of years, were holding quite a variety of optic's and all seemed to fit just fine. I have seen a few 36S-ex with OH boy is that a long scope mounted, but that is up to you. Most all scopes seem to only need the 36-EX.
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top