Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 8:45:51 PM EDT

Sorry but I couldnt find it on search. I've been wondering if the Eotech rezeros (or comes close too) when you slap it back on the flat top. Anyone able to help? thanks for the help
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
According to EOTech the HDS may have a variance of +/- 1MOA when removing and remounting the sight.

In my experience, my 552 has maintained zero each time I've removed it and remounted to my carbine.

There are a few things you'll want to keep in mind to ensure a good return to zero when mounting your EOTech.

1. When you first mount the sight on the rail push it forward tight against the rial.

2. Tighten the thumbscrew hand tight and then give it a extra 1/4" turn with a coin.

3. When replacing it after removing the sight make sure you place it at the same rail address and follow steps 1 and 2 above.

If you do these things you sight should pretty dead on after remounting it to your rifle.

Hope this helps. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
According to EOTech the HDS may have a variance of +/- 1MOA when removing and remounting the sight.

In my experience, my 552 has maintained zero each time I've removed it and remounted to my carbine.

There are a few things you'll want to keep in mind to ensure a good return to zero when mounting your EOTech.

1. When you first mount the sight on the rail push it forward tight against the rial.

2. Tighten the thumbscrew hand tight and then give it a extra 1/4" turn with a coin.

3. When replacing it after removing the sight make sure you place it at the same rail address and follow steps 1 and 2 above.

If you do these things you sight should pretty dead on after remounting it to your rifle.

Hope this helps. [:D]
View Quote

Yeah....what he said.

I've remounted mine four times exactly as stated above. Dead nuts on each time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to come up with money for a sight, but with all of the help that I have come up with here I do believe I will be going EOtech. Just FYI the reasons im getting it are (in no particular order)

1. No additional mounts (ie less money)
2. 1MOA dot in the middle seem more precise
3. FOV
4. Hey they look cool!
5. Putting an arms 40 behind it seems more practical than doing the same with an Aimpoint
6. I've been Aimpoint biased since my IPSC days

Thanks again for all the help that you guys have given me, and please dont be upset if i have a whole bunhc more questions once i do actually get the sight! [:)]

btw- its going on a bone stock Oly PCR-5, then comes the ARMS 40, the G-27, and the 3 pnt sling. Also thinking of getting a Leupold 3-9 on throw levers to really see how this bitch shoots. Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Keith....  Where in SC are ya?

Hershey
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top