Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 8:49:21 PM EDT
Can someone tell me what the differences are between the 512.A65 Tactical and the 552.A65 Military? I'm comparing the descriptions at SWFA and all I see is a difference in touchpad design. What does the extra $48.00 for the Military model buy?  

512.A65 Tactical

552.A65 Military

Thanks,
ViCAP
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Besides the new control face, the 552 model also has increased waterproof capability (down to 66ft IIRC), and a night-vision setting, allowing you to view the reticle through a night-vision scope mounted behind it.

Both scopes have the same circle dot reticle and AA battery capability.  The only thing I wish my 512 had that the 552 has is the new control face.  EoTechs rule!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Besides the new control face, the 552 model also has increased waterproof capability (down to 66ft IIRC), and a night-vision setting, allowing you to view the reticle through a night-vision scope mounted behind it.

Both scopes have the same circle dot reticle and AA battery capability.  The only thing I wish my 512 had that the 552 has is the new control face.  EoTechs rule!
View Quote

Correctomonto!!

EOTech will garrentee the 552 to dive to 33ft for 24 hours and 66 ft to a undisclosed time frame for the military users.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
i just got a new 552 and have a 511 i bought earlier this year. the new face pad is almost worth the extra bucks alone. add in the extra waterproofing and NV capability, it's not a bad deal. very nice improvement.

chen, do you kow if they will make the new face pad standard in the future?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

But the ad for the [url=www.riflescopes.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=512.A65]Tactical[/url] claims it's night-vision compatible as well.

Quote: "Night Vision Contrast Ratio: 10,000,000:1 with NV switch engaged"
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
there is no NV switch/button on the 510 series.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top