Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 7:01:37 AM EDT
I'm working of integrating an ARMS #38S-Ex -MOD with an Aimpoint CompM2 and a KAC flip up front. see->

MJOLNIR

Problem:

1 - it looks like the Aimpoint is lower than others I've seen here. Looking through the flip up rear, the red dot seems dead center to me. Is there any way to know for sure? Do I need a new mount for the Aimpoint? (BTW, I can't fire it to find out. The suppresser has not yet arrived )

2 - The KAC front is too tall. I don't know of any front sight that will work with this, so I just want to shorten the part that flips up by taking some off the bottom. Question is, how much lower should it be?

Shouldn't someone have a chart of line of sight information to determine what works with what?????

Thanks for any assistance!!!!!!!  

--LS
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Your using the X-ring ML2 mount, which would co-witness perfectly on a RRA Tactical upper, but not on the ARMS.

You need an ARMS #22M68, mount w/ NO SPACER to co-witness with what you have, BTW, this set-up and your question in general has been discussed on many many many threads..... here.

Mike

added: the PRI was not designed to be mounted on the ARMS rail, it should be on the gas block rail, which I assume is under the handguard, as to how much to whack off I have NO clue.

Your one of those guys who enjoy going the long way around the barn, aren't cha? [;)]

Nice looking "boat anchor" ya got there....[:)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]

.460" ... thanks Troy. I think that's what I needed.

When I started this (about a year ago) I wanted to use the PRI FF tube and lock the ARMS#38-MOD to it as it does to the KAC FF RAS. Everyone said, "Can’t do it." I said, 'well, maybe YOU can't do it. But me, a drill, and tap can."

While working out details with the barrel/suppresser, PRI started making top rails with the hole for the #38-MOD. Seems I wasn't the only one who wanted it. So, Dave (I think) at PRI hooked me up.

My plan is to completely ruin a good KAC flip up front sigh... um I mean, lower the front sight by taking out the pin that the tower pivots on, Drill it .460" higher, remove .460" off the bottom, and reassemble.

Or something like that. Depends on how far around that 'ol barn is.  [:o)]

--LS
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
HMMMM, Yep, ya can take the o'l hack saw to the range as the front sight adjustment tool:)
Good shootin, Jack
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top