Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/12/2003 11:12:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned three Nightforce scopes.  The first was an old used one, (3-9x56?) and it was nothing special.  I later got a 5.5-22x56.  It was a very nice scope, but huge!  The latest model NXS scopes are excellent.  I now have a 3.5-15x50.  It is a wonderful scope and not so bulky as the 56mm.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have the 3.5-15x50 NXS, it's a frickin' great scope no doubt!!  I'm very happy with it and don't regret switching out my M1 LR for it.  The only downside I can see for the Nightforce line, is that they are heavy scopes (but extremely rugged/bullet proof design), and the higher powered ones use those huge 56mm objectives.

I guess I also wish the illumination worked more like the Leupold's does.  You don't have a quick and handy brightness control knob on the NF like you do on the Leupold.  You basically have to set it for the brightness you want and forget it.  To adjust the brightness on the NF, you have to remove the battery cap, and use a small screwdriver to turn the rheostat to the desired location.  I set it once, and have never messed with it since.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/guncase.jpg [/img]

On my 8-32x56 NXS, I am using the NP-R2. One of thing I like most about the NF scope is the laser etched reticles. They high definition, with fine markings. Since they are etched, they can be seen in almost every condition other than darkness. then you switch on the illumination, the reticle switches from black to glowing red..Sweet!  The NF NXS are great long-range scopes that you can use them from dawn to dusk!!

Stuart
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
i bought the 3.5 to 15 x 50 nxs a few months ago for my .223. i dig the shit out of it. i am waiting for nightforce to build a low power scope. they have one they are working on now and should be available early next year. good company and good quality. i use the mil dot ret.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top