Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 9:34:49 AM EDT
I have come to the conclusion that I shoot much better without forward grips. I need a good option for using the pressure switches on the lights I have mounted on my Knights rails. Now the pressure switched are on the forward grips. Anyone have a good solution? 2 of my lights are M3s, and one is a Surefire 6P. I don't see a good way to attach the switch to my rail system.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd ditch the pressure swtich and change to push button tail cap, place the light where you can use your support hand's index finger to move a little and push the button.
I'm right handed, when I use my left hand to cradle the handguard my left hand's index finger is right behind the rail mounted P6:
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p8fc5c89af79f7f6b2e2810efa6869ca1/fcdeaa71.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the direction I think I'm headed. Thanks.

By the way, I just sighted in the exact same setup you have on my M4. I've got the ACOG at 100 yds and the Docter at 25. I really like it!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
No prob, Bob [:)]
I had had the Optima 2000/TA01NSN setup for couple of years, I finally took it off, not from performance issues but I opted for the multiple, redundant optics route.  I can use both optics in conjunction, take either off, or take both off and use the BUIS.  Others may say it's a solution to a non-existant problem but I like it (setup copied from new-arguy's post)

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/pec6b02e7f242c753e5a3369523e31e46/fa9a4975.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top