Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/7/2003 3:31:18 PM EDT
Should i go for Acog or Leupold, dont know much about either, both seem good....please help, and comments will be taken in great appreaciation.  I have a Rock River with a flat top.  please help.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You can start by reading some of the tacked threads at the top of this forum. Then you can tell us how much you want to spend, and what you want to use the scope for.

Steve.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
well i did read the above forums, i am just so confused of the many different acogs.  It will be used many for range use...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Edited to Add:
Have just went throgh the same shopping process as yourself and ended up with a BAC TA31 (donut), which I like very well (after asking my 10,000 quesions of the regulars here ... all of which have been very helpful).  

Day after I got the TA31 ran across a TA31f (chevron), which if one was shooting smaller targets (such as tin cans at a 100 yards) would be a nice option. Thus with in 24 hours of paying for the first BAC ACOG started shopping for the second one ....

====

Well if you will not be shooting fast at a closer ranges (say under 25 yards) and do not mind a little bit worst image at X4 (darn the ACOG has a nice image), then a nice 3.5 to 10 mil dot Leupold would works well, but is larger.

On X10 from a rest the 3.5 to 10 Leupold will actually probably work better on paper than similar TA01 NSN ACOG due to the increase maginificaiton.

Were the BAC ACOGs work nicely is from close to medium far distances and if you need to shoot quickly (the little glowing donut or chevron is faster to pick up IMO).

Regards
John
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Get both! [:D]

If I could have only one, it would be the ACOG for sure... Thank god Im under no such restriction!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
well i would like to get both but there is that whole money thing, yeah my tree ran out..i am looking for one that is mostly for range use and want to get into long distance metal targets(i can think of what they are called right now lol)  what reticle would be the best in the Acog and which model.  I was looking at the newer i belive it is the TA 55....
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How big are the targets and far away are the targets?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
ok i now remember what its called lol its silhouette shooting.. any way ah the targets will be upper body mass size most of the time or smaller.  100 yards to 3-400 hundred yards.  Also will do some quick 50 yard shooting....there are just so many models to choose from, and dont know where to start with the ACOGS
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Agree there are two many choices ;-), if it helps my final short BAC ACOG shopping list was:

TA31 donut for fast and close (where you would use an aimpoing) and better IMO for center of mass (then again have an AUG for the semi .223 so like "rings").

TA31f cheveron for more horz precission.

Same two in TA11 for longer eyerelief at the expense of less field of view (and a larger scope which IMO is not an issue).

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
what would a good price be for a TA11F acog be.  This is the model i see may be best for me...
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I gave up on trying to figure what ACOG would be best for me and my set up. Aimpoint are just as confusing. Comp compm2 comp ml2 and so on. I think I might go aimpoint for the simple reason for a NV compatability.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I gave up on trying to figure what ACOG would be best for me and my set up. Aimpoint are just as confusing. Comp compm2 comp ml2 and so on. I think I might go aimpoint for the simple reason for a NV compatability.
View Quote

Have both the M2 and ML2 Aimpoints, both go just a bright (to my eyes with similar batteries), however, in exchange for the four lower settings for night vision on the M2 you get an off setting on the ML2 (not that it is an issue as the M2 is good for 10 years) and the ML2 has one more nearly full bright seting that I use most of the time when in direct sun.

With the cost of night vission, I would purchase the M2 with the night vision and get the ML2 to use until then (always need another Aimpoint on your 22 suppressed pistol ;-).
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#14]
CS   Give me a price for the TA11F and TA55   ...I emailed you but never got response...
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#16]
thanks, all !

well i just bought A TA11F W/ chevron recticle  for $849.00.. CS I would have bought off of you but i will recieve this one in less then 5 days...thanks for all the info, been a huge help!

HAPPY VETERANS DAY, REMEMBER ALL!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top