Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2003 10:28:33 AM EDT
Has anyone heard anything about Leupold's 3.5-10X M1 Illum (mildot) #53368 being discontinued, and replaced?

I heard this rumor from a dealer I've done very good business with.  He wasn't sure if they were just going to do a minor tweak, or a larger change.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a [b]"reliable"[/b] source that says Leupold will be discontinuing the
part number of these items, but they will still be available...  They are
making some "changes".  Obviously, for the better.  And this requires a
new part number...

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have any idea what the "changes" are?

Worth waiting for the new version, or buy an old version?

The other scope I was looking at was the 4.5-14X50mm M1, which is a new scope...

-z
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
After the wholesalers show ends this weekend, more information will be available...I wish I could tell you more, but I can't. The changes are for the better and I think you'll appreciate the upgrades.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I can think of two right now.  Make the freaking know harder to turn as I just burned out a battery and make the freaking batteries last longer.  Make the reticle bright enough to see during the day too while your at it, Leupold.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#5]
A little bit of 2004 model line info here:

[url]http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000597[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
GI_Brat,
Do you have any more info on the changes to the LR scopes?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
MidwayUSA sent me an e-mail a few weeks ago saying that the entire Vari-XIII line is being discontinued.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GI_Brat,
Do you have any more info on the changes to the LR scopes?
View Quote

On December 25th I can say more...I hope I can keep a secret that long!

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it's close enough to the 25th, here is what I know about the changes for '04

New lens coating, better light
transmission, more 30mm tubes, more side focus's, new adjustments, more tacticals.

VARI-X III Changes
[url]http://www.leupold.com/products/VX-III_Intro/VX-III_Introduction.htm[/url]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top