Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 5:41:53 PM EDT
I have a red dot sight (Gilmore). I mount it on my pistol. I have been to a local range a couple of times. today, I found the dot is not a little dot. It becomes a little "stick". Will that be a potential problem? Should I send it to fix?

thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it back!
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you shoot w/ glasses/contacts?  Sometimes they have a tendency to "morph" the dot a bit.  I notice it alot when shooting w/ the Aimpoint, not at all when using the EOTech, though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok what I believe is happening is the your eye is causing this "elongation of the dot." Try this simple test and let us know. Take the sight into dim lighting conditions and observe the shape of the dot. Then take it out into very bright light and look at it then. When your iris in your eye is wide open the sharpness that you see is dulled but when you are in a brightly lit enviroment the iris will close down making things sharper. It is the old pin hole camera effect. Try this and let us know. I went through the same thing with my aimpoint.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#4]
IPSC_GUY

thank you. You are THE MAN. I tried it this morning and found it was ok. I guess I feel more comfortable now.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top