Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 1:14:23 PM EDT
I'm going to be purchasing a new 270 deer slayer soon.  I'm leaning towards an Accupoint 3X9 for both the BAC feature and the zoom.  Figure I don't need to lose a cheek weld now with see thru iron mounts.

That said...

I'm wondering why these scopes aren't more popular than the ACOG's?  Weight?  Bulk?  I can understand that I suppose.  But with these rascals, you get the BAC feature, 2MOA triangle tip with a 6MOA triangle base, 3X9 zooming, and solid product made by Trijicon.  Wonder why these aren't more popular.

Well, I guess I'll figure it out eventually since I'll both an ACOG and an Accupoint soon.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I guess hunters and bench shooters don't have to get "tactical" on deers and paper [:)]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about you guys, but I've walked on top of a few deer in my day, and have missed more than one shot cause I wasn't fast enough with that 0.75" see-thru iron sight.  I would think the application of BAC in a variable power scope would be VERY advantageous, tactical or not.

Mount it flush with the barrel, get an ideal cheekweld on your monte carlo stock, BAC for the quick shots <25 yards on the fly and 3X9 to handle the rest.  Most of the time, when I'm lining up on a deer, my heart's thumpin and 3X is pretty much all I need or WANT.  Just enough to focus the reticule on the heart n lungs.  The farthest deer I've nailed was at 260+ yards and the 9X was awesome.  I figure if you can't see it with a 9X or 10X...you should probably hone your stalking skills and get a little closer.

I'm talking myself into an Accupoint more and more![:D]

Wonder how the glass is on the Accupoint.

I take my hunting seriously!  Nothing like fresh game on the table.  Today I had partridge for lunch!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I was considering an Accupoint also but haven't heard anything about them.  They look good on paper:
1. Couple hundred cheaper than ACOG
2. BAC
3. Ability to zoom to 9X
4. Eye Relief a genrous 3.6 to 3.2 inches

Did a little research on my own.  Potential flaws:
1. Size of reticle (triangle) changes when zoomed?  I could be wrong on this, but the 3X9 triangle size is 6 MOA to 2MOA.  The 1.25X4 triangle is 11MOA to 4 MOA!  Don't know if this is just a bigger triangle or if like Hokie stated above it is the tip and base measurement of the triangle.

If you get one let us know how it is.  Almost forgot.  What's up with the dual posts below the triangle?  Couldn't figure that one out and there is nothing on their website or the brochure from Trijicon about it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you all, it's a great scope, however, except some percentages of people who owns firearms, the rest of the hunters out there don't want to pay the $500 plus for a "deer rifle" scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top