Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 11:58:58 AM EDT
What sort of product do you use to get the crud off the lenses of your optics after a particularly dirty, sweaty range session? I'm specifically talking about Aimpoints and EOTechs here, but really for any optics that you would like to preserve the lens coating and scratch free surface of.

Any kind of spray on/wipe off stuff?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Eotech recommends using a regular eyeglass quality lens cloth.  Somebody (don't know who) makes a pen-like tool with a soft brush on one end and a soft, flat,lens cleaning pad on the other end. I've used it with other optics and its worked well.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Leupold markets a "lens pen" that is great for cleaning scopes.  It is essentially the same product as the one manufactured by the "OPTEX" company.  I've used one for a couple of years and they work great.  One end has a concealed soft bristled brush that pushes up kinda like the blade on a utility knife (a push up button on the side of the pen).  The other end has a cap that comes off and reveales a cleaning pad/tip that you use to wipe off any oily prints, etc... that might be on the lens.  Apparently the cleaning compound that comes pre-loaded into the pen won't dry out or spill (which I believe to be true because I have yet to have any problems with the one I have - it has taken any and all smudges off of my glass without scratching and without leaving lint behind).  HTH's...

hsld.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top