Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 11:03:34 AM EDT
Hello, does anyone know where I can find a distributor for doctor dot mount for ACOG TA01NSN?

Also, how much do they cost?

Are these anywhere near useful as fullsize red dot optics? Or should I stick to ACOG BUIS? I don't think I can use co-witness opening of ACOG mount with my rifle (HK93).
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]specwargear.com[/url]
Cost is about $60 shipped. So far I really like the set up.
Edited to add; The view is obviously smaller and it sits closer to your face, but yes, the Dr. optic is as useful as the other “full size red dot systems”.  The NSN’s buis suck!

Ray
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, when you get the Dr Sight, don't forget to remove the tritium sight on the top front....
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Is front sight dove tailed on and slides off or do I have to file it off?

Does it block the dot, or just crowds view?
I've seen people with front sight on.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the front sight is a dovetail so you can just drift it off.  It’s not in the way, but unnecessary and IMHO, a little annoying.

Ray
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also, when you get the Dr Sight, don't forget to remove the tritium sight on the top front....
View Quote

... Yes, after practicing with this prototype last weekend, I found the front site to have a potential for confusion.

... Remove it.

[img]http://members.cox.net/winston_wolf/DR-Optik.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I've since removed the Optima 2000 from my TA01NSN since I have an Aimpoint in front of it now, but I'm going to remove the tritium sight on my rifle's front sight.  During the day it's but a little blur on the bottom, at night the green shows up nicely on the bottom.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top