Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 4:43:57 AM EDT
I am looking at putting a springfield scope on my bushmaster varminter calibrated for the 69grain match bullett are these good scopes and does the rangefinding rectical work
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard nothing but bad things about the 2nd & 3rd generation scopes. There are some who have seemed to have good luck with the first gen though. The 4th gen are due out anytime but rumor has it the scope is still made by the same company who has made all of their scopes...Hakko= junk Springfields!. If you are in the market for one, I'd say wait a while until some of the pros have a chance to run it through the ringer. There are a couple of guys on the sniper boards who are suppose to get some for testing. If you have to have a good scope right away then I suggest at least a Leupold.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Go Leuphold or Trijicon like the military do.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Recieved my Springfield 4x14x56 scope yesterday, ordered a first gen and recieved a second gen, no complaint about that, mounted on my AR10 flattop, and went to the range to zero. Real good view and like the reticle, was planning to go deer hunting after zeroing, got zero in about ten shot, got ready to check at 200 yard and could not see anything out of the scope, and someting is rattling inside. Waited two months for the scope to get here and now after eight shots and one day in my hand I am sending the scope back for warranty service! Will keep you posted, or better yet start a new thread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top