Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 5:47:22 PM EDT
I would appreciate any opinions to the Williams front illuminated sight. http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/scopes/9349054Fsb-wfs.asp
How does the Willams sight compare to the trijicon front sight with respect to home defense situations in variable or low lighting? It would be installed on M4 type 14.5" barrel with mini-y comp.

I am also considering using this in combination with a BMAS flip up BUIS or ARMS #40. To confuse things even more, how about using the Willimas front sight with a trijicon rear aperature?

Thanks in advance for your input. Sorry if these seem the like annoying noob questions...I am still new at all this stuff!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I would recomend leaving the standard battle poven front sight on for your aplication. If your in you home, you do not have time to make sure your front sight is up or down. I would say the same goes for the #40, leave it up if your in you home, and fold it down if your outside just getting some optic time. I would use an Aimpoint, but in your case, at short distance, I'g go with irons that you can count on, don't have time to get a red dot turned on or change batteries if they are dead, but that close and fast prob. wouldn't even have time to use, unless you have a very, very, large long house. KEEP IT SIMPLE FAST AND RELIABLE FOR HOME DEFENCE!
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top