Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2003 1:39:58 PM EDT
hey there, i am currently in the process of changing over from my aimpoint comp m2 to a ta 31. by the way arizona gun runners has the ta31 series in stock! at a great price, not only that but the owner gary is a great guy to deal with. anyway does anybody have recommendations to sight the ta31 in for optimal performance?
im not used to bac on a ta31, so how can i sight in the ta31 for cqb and long shots? any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!
        thanks, meat
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I would start with the top of the triangle for dead on at 100 yards (actually meters) as a good start.

For BAC usage at a close distance, I believe that you get what offset your eyes and brain have built in, and thus have to do any "adjustments" with in yourself ....

The donut (TA31) and the TA31f have the 100 meter aiming point is the top of the donut or chevron and thus most likely also the TA31a.

Per web page on TA31f:
"Chevron is designed to be zeroed using the tip at 100 meters ..... "

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It's sometimes easier to get "on paper" by starting out at 50 yards and going for a difference of 2 inches between Point of Aim (POA) and Point of Impact (POI).

IOW, place the top of your ACOG's reticle at the bullseye/x-ring (POA) and adjust the scope until your shots hit 2 inches directly below that(POI).  Once that's done you can move your target out to 100 yards and fine tune your zero.

As far as CQB goes, you're going for "Minute of Torso" hits at that distance so there's no fine adjustment to be made.  The one thing that's critical to know is how much your holdover needs to be for close-in shots.  Since my TA31 is mounted on my carry handle, I have to hold a good four inches high to make my shot, i.e., I have to hold near the scalp line to get a good hit in the ocular vault.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top