BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2003 9:56:52 PM EDT
Specifically this one

6-20X50 BDC
Government Model™

THE VARIABLE POWER 6-20X50 SCOPE HAS A PATENTED RANGEFINDING RETICLE WITH HANDS-FREE AUTOMATIC BULLET DROP COMPENSATION, WITH CALIBRATED RINGS FOR 7.62MM AND 5.56MM, AS WELL AS A BLANK RING YOU CAN CALIBRATE FOR ANY CALIBER YOURSELF. THE 30MM TUBE WITH EXTERNAL TARGET KNOBS HAS ADJUSTABLE SIDE FOCUS, PATENTED INTERNAL BUBBLE LEVEL, FLIP-UP LENS COVERS (NOT SHOWN) AND PROPRIETARY MULTI-COATED LENSES. IT IS 100% WATERPROOF, FOG PROOF, AND HAS A NITROGEN FILLED SPARE BATTERY COMPARTMENT. IT IS .50 CALIBER SHOCKPROOF-GUARANTEED. IT HAS ELEVEN INDIVIDUAL BRIGHTNESS SETTINGS FOR RAPID TARGET ACQUISITION EVEN IN EXTREME NEAR DARK CONDITIONS. LIFETIME WARRANTY.

Model # GE5099SA

Ideas??  SUggestions??  Experience??

Sgtar15  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nightforce has the reticle etched in the glass, other reticles break. .50 is a pretty big boom, I went with Nightforce.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nightforce has the reticle etched in the glass, other reticles break. .50 is a pretty big boom, I went with Nightforce.
View Quote
SA scopes all have etched-glass reticles, also. The only SA scope I have any experience with is the 4.5-14x40mm "gov't" scope with the ranging-reticle for 223. The adjustments (much to my amazement, after owning mainly Simmons scopes previously) really were as advertized, and the optics were clear and bright. I never had a problem with it; but a friend just HAD to have it on his Colt HBar, so I sold it to him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The new SA scopes are still made by the same people that made their previous crappy model ones, Hakko.  They just redesigned them.  For as much as the SA scopes go for, put in an extra $100 and buy real quality with a lifetime warranty, Leupold.

But, in all honesty, the verdict on these "new" S.A. scopes is still out.  I just know the previous ones were not up to the par their price tag was.

Mike over at Snipershide.com is getting some SA scopes sent to him from the manufacturer to test for Snipershide and Snipercountry:
[url]http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000573[/url]

And another relevant thread on the "new" SA scopes:
[url]http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000549[/url]
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Troy and guys....those links helped alot.   I think I will check out Leupolds.

So much to learn.......

Sgtar15
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top