Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 5:28:43 AM EDT
When do we start this?  The TriPowers are out there now!  I have fondled number 281.  TriPower is easier to say, and what everyone knows it by, but with the calimine(sp?) glow stick power, they are really QUAD-powers.  They are really light with that plastic body, like less than or equal to 3 ounces.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one on the way to try out.   I'll post a range report when I do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, do you have the stock TriPower mount or do you have the A.R.M.S. mount?

p.s. you have mail
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
ARMS.

& the glow sticks are called Cyalume, BTW.

Edited to add I checked my mail & have nothing from 'ya, so 'ya might try re-sending it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#4]
in a nutshell is this thing like an aimpoint with a fiber optic and tritium as additional light sources
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#5]
spider, maybe it was another [email protected]  That was the address that showed up.  If it wasn't you then that is that.

Hoplite, it is an aimpoint with fiber optics, tritium, AND the Cyalume sticks.  I really wonder if the Cyalume stick option is used to boost the tritium or maybe for when the tritium slows down a few years down the road and your batteries are dead and you need a night time boost.

How expensive and where do you get the Cyalume sticks?  How long do they last?  How much is the chevron boosted?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
One word:  [b]VAPOR OPTIC![/b]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Was also looking at a Tripower this weekend (possible the same unit as  "123whisper"), however, inside a large show did not like the tripower near as well as the Aimpoints.  The chevron "^" was too dim under good indoor lighting and really needed the electrons on to even work well (still liked the Aimpoint better for this type application ... as long as have batteries [;)].  

Second, while one is to look around a red dot, found the Tripower a little "tube like" for my tastes.

In comparision the TA31f was much brigher (and twice the price ;-) at the same location.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I was very interested in these, but the TA31F I have will be a very hard act to follow IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
That is true JTinIN, having the battery turned on did make the chevron 2 to 2.5 times brighter.  But even without the battery turned on, I didn't have a problem picking it up, but then again, I have young eyes.  But I can see where you are coming from.  I think that the chevron is too small a recticle as well as too fine.  Why not a donut?  I would think that would be better.  Make it just like the TA31, 4 moa on the outside and 2 moa on the inside.

All of this experience is just with the optic held out in my hands, so it is hard to say when it is mounted on a rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top