Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 10:12:31 PM EDT
I was just down at sportsman's warehouse and saw one of these scopes for the first time and was wondering if anyone here had any input on them.  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose i should use that handy search function more often.  I've pretty much settled on an Aimpoint ML2 though, i was just wondering what peoples opinions where on some of the other stuff out there before making a possible mistake by buying a low quality optic, which i don't think i have to worry about now.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The CQT is an excellent example of what happens when:

A: You let a bunch of accountants take over a fine old company and tell the engineers and maketing people how to build a product (see Colt, S&W, Harley-Davidson) and

B: Let a committee design a device whose specific purpose is to succesfully conclude a violent confrontation.

Woe be unto Leupold. Another great manufacturer falls to the MBA's.

(Before the flames start, I have an MBA myself.)

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I actually just saw a pic of the Leupold mounted on a flattop, man the thing is freakin' huge!!  Looks like an old 'Nam era starlight scope.  Something that big should have a rangefinder, radio, flashlight and cable tv included.  Its big enough to be mounted on a field howitzer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint Comp or EoTech for CCO. Make no exceptions.
'Nuff Said.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#7]
A friend used one yesterday at a match, and I was able to sight through it myself.  My observations:

- the illumination is inadequate in daylight, although you can still use it with it turned off.

- the position of the eye is fairly critical; if you move your eye, you lose the target.  I'm *assuming* this is due to the smaller front optic; my scope (Trijicon 3-9x) wasn't as finicky about eye placement.

- the thing really is rugged, and has nice glass.

- I like the ability to shift the magnification from 1x to 3x.

Essentially, it's really a 1-3x *scope*, not a red dot, for better or worse.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top