Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 9:52:24 PM EDT
New to AR's,so bear with me. I've ordered a Bushmaster with A3 handle. Also had Lew Tippie build me a 24" HB upper for long range scope shooting.
I use alot of Talley QD rings and Talley bases on other various rifles.

Is their a base recommended for flattops that will work with Talley QD rings?

If not, is there a realy good QD setup for the above mentioned uppers? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=172578[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello, the ARMS #22M are what is used on the SPR. One of the problems with mounting a scope onto an AR is that you can push the optic forward enough. Another option is to go with the ARMS #35QD and #35M rings. Or you can go with the ARMS #38EX and the #22M. This is of course just one option. There are many ways to skin this cat...
C4
View Quote

I'm using ARMS #22m on one rifle and I'm very happy with the quality and repeatability.

If you want to have back-up irons, go for the #38-EX/#22m combo.

I got mine from [url]www.adcofirearms.com[/url].

Great prices, personal service, expert advice, the very best products, and $4 flat-rate shipping.
What more could an AR-addict ask for?

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I found the #22s directly on the receiver did not provide enough eye relief.

I'm probably going to try a GGG scout rail ($76) and Leupold QRW 1" high rings ($42) next.  The ARMS#38 extended rail ($180) would also work with the Leupold rings and you get a free BUIS.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I called the Warne Company in WA?OR? today and spoke with them . They have a set of QD type rings that the guy said would fit directly on the rail and could handle a 4.5-14x50 Leupold. Height and eye relief were no problem. $70.00 range......

Think I'll give them a whirl.. Anyone tried these?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top