Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2003 10:38:39 AM EDT
  Hey guys, sorry but i have to vent. In May i ordered several items from SableCo including an ARMS #50 bi-level rail. I was  being deployed for Iraqi Freedom and thought i could use the stuff. All items were paid for and recieved BUT the #50 rail and I have yet recieved it five months later, even though i paid for it! I called several times and asked what was going on, only to get some "we dropped shiped it" BS.  

About two months ago they finally told me they had never ordered it from ARMS. I then asked for my money back, a total of $369, of which i have yet to see a dime. Their excuse is always that their accountant is not in!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE A$$s

Thanks,

-James
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have an outstanding order.  It's not as much as yours, but it's very unnerving to say the least.  The last e-mail I sent Donnie inquiring status went unanswered.  It's been a few months for me, too.  It's a shame, as SableCo used to be a really reputable dealer/vendor here, & then something happened.  I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I think I'm done w/ them, too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't usually do this, but

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The excellent way that ARMS supports the troops, they are not going to like this if ya let them know. No manufacturer would.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an order outstanding with SableCo and since I knew of their troubles, I decided to just wait it out.  They came through this week with my order.  Donnie is trying to turn things back around.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
They WILL come through, it just may take awhile with their present situation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#7]
What exactly IS thier present situation?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
First, let me respond to James on his credit issue.  James I was not aware that you have a credit that was not taken care of.  I WILL check into this and take care of it.  I don't believe that we have received a call or email from you in the last two weeks or so, please email or call so that we can get this taken care of.  Your frustration is understandable and yes, we feel like a**' for this to have happened.  The best time to call and get ahold of us is M-F 1pm to 6pm and Sat. 10am-4pm.  We are sorry for all of the mix-up.    
Second, Damon, you need not worry about your order, it is being filled.  If you have any questions please call us also.  If your email went unanswered it could have been at the time that we were switching over to the new website and new email account.  Unfortunately, the switch over had some glitches and some emails were "lost".  All of that has been cleared up now and is fully operational.  Anyone can email us at [email protected].  We check email frequently throughout the day and evening.
Third, Martinmayhem and Vandal, Thanks for your understanding and support.  Now, let me explain our present situation.  Yes, we have had a rough go of it since about July.  We have had a lot of issues to take care of in order to turn things around to our previous way of doing business.  This has been extremely hard and stressful on us and very difficult to keep our heads above water.  We have kept up a good fight and believe we are now at a turning point to make our business what it used to be.  We have had the old "live and learn"  experience.  Since business had increased drastically about a year and a half ago we decided to expand and open a store front last Dec.  This, unfortunately, wasn't as easy of a process as we planned and hoped it would be.  The store front is now closed and we are concentrating on internet orders and call-in orders.  Basically, the last three months have been the worst time of all of our seven years in business.  There were several factors to our problems and one big one being delayed product from a few different vendors.  This has fortunately gotten better with RRA "catching up" as well.  Surefire has also been filling orders in an more timely manner.  Unfortunately, we are at the manufacturers mercy as well.  We have a brand new website with a lot of new features and a lot more product than before (www.sableco.net.)  We are adding new items and pictures with text almost daily too!  The new website makes the order process easier for customers and also has the cool feature of automatically emailing customers when anything happens with their order.  That means when your order goes from pending to processing you receive an email letting you know it has been ordered with a status update.  Then when it is shipped you receive an email and tracking number upon request.  This system works well and keeps everyone informed.  Also, remember that we abide by our manufacturers MAP pricing policies in order to be an authorized dealer.  Please email or call to get a better price on Leupold and Trijicon products.  
A.R.M.S. has a policy that no discounting is aloud except to law enforcement and military personnel.  To our knowledge this policy is still in effect and any dealer not adhering to this policy is subject to losing their dealer status.  We guarantee that we are taking care of our customers and our low prices are worth checking out.  This has been an embarrasing situation and look forward to putting it behind us and serving our customers the way they expect and deserve to be taken care of.  I hope this clears up any ones questions or concerns.  
DJ (Sales Manager)

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
great answer donnie, and very hard to say,i would imagine.  i support you, and good luck on the turn around.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Donnie and D.J.- The second half of 2003 was  lousy  for me too.  Lets get together on New Year's Eve, have a "Piss On 2003 Party" and get on with a better year!  Good luck, guys I know you are gonna come through this it just takes time.  clint.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Tequilabob, thanks for the support.  We need any we can get right now.  It isn't easy laying it all out there, but feel that our customers have the right to know.  We don't want anyone thinking that we are out to be less than on the level.  It's simply a matter of we tried doing things a different way and found out it didn't work.  Now, it's time to move ahead and clean up a few messes in the process.  It's been hard to get the will to keep going when every day lately has been a disaster.  But, we feel we will be able to over come this situation and it's good people like you that give us the fight to work our way back.  Clint, believe me we feel your pain.  We're up for the party!  Just let us know where!:)  Thanks for the support, it really means a lot right now.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Donnie,
You were on my top seller list a couple of years ago.  I bought some ARMS product from you and, in fact, got chewed out by you over ARMS MAP.  [;)]

All I can say is that if you can get your business back to the service level you offered then you will be fine.

Good luck, my friend!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#13]
SableCO owes me to me too, and have been giving me the run-around since Early-September.

I too was deployed overseas, but wanted a product upon return to CONUS.

I ordered and sent 2-Money Orders totaling 1,271.00 for downpayment.

Also, 1,000.00 was charged to my VISA.

After no product AND no contact from SableCO - I cancelled my order.

The 1,000.00 charge to my VISA was refunded, but still no refund for the Money Orders.

I have called and/or emailed weekly (If not 2-3 times/week), but still no resolution....

I need help!  Thunder25, Out.

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Thunder, youch!!  I'd be dead in that buttocks if they had done that to me.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Donnie's a great guy with some of the best pricing going. I believe he is able to keep his pricing where it is as he does not/cannot stock every item out there. Stock equals overhead. But you will get it eventually.

If you want it now though, you might have to pony up the extra cash and deal with someone like Wes and MSTN. Wes is another great guy to deal with. I would bet he has more experience and knowledge than ANY of the other dealers that hang out here. He USUALLY has all of the neat stuff he advertises in stock or tells you plain: "I do not know when I will get it in but you will have it the next day after I do."

My 2 cents, your mileage may vary. (Quote stolen from: Paul)
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I just thought I would mention that I ordered from SableCo before all this and had excellent service. I had my product within 3 or 4 days.

So obviosuly somethings gone wrng but the people are 1st rate as far as customer service. Give them sometime and I'm sure they'll be earning your business once again.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:18:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I have purchased several times from Donnie and have found the experiance to be pleasant and his prices quite fair.  The items were shipped on time and I would have no qualms about doing business with him again.  Having been through numerous "growth and re-organization" cycles, I have a keen awareness on what impact that has on business.  I too wish you the best in getting back on track.  In the end, we need good reliable suppliers if our culture is to survive.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#18]
My last experience was less than satisfactory.  I will wait until everything is ABSOLUTELY "turned around" before I consider doing business with them.  Regrettably, in the meantime, I found several dealers that promptly and efficiently supply my needs and see no reason to leave them.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I have purchased from Donnie on 2 occasions and always had great service. I would not be afraid to buy from him again based on my past experiences.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay, Great News!

Since my last post concerning SableCO, Donnie and I have resolved my refund issues.

A lengthy conversation w/Donnie has given me extreme confidence with Donnie & SableCO.

They are going through some rough times, and I feel assured that they will "Do the Right Thing" with their customers.

Thanks, Thunder25
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top