Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 6:52:21 PM EDT
I Want to buy a night vision scope for coyotes.  3rd Gen is what I'm looking for (I guess thats the best).  Any suggestions PLEASE.  Also, Can these night vision scopes be used during day light?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
sure, they come with a day filter, basically a cap with a pin sized hole to limit the light coming in the scope.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Clarity sucks with a day filter on compared to night with it off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
...And with prolonged daylight use you will damage the tube, unless your unit uses a gated/Pinnacle tube (big $$$, and very rare outside issue MIL equipment); typically only found in high-end units like the PVS-17.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
if your wallet allows for a gen3 scope you otta get a 4x raptor. no paralax issues and mil spec. some of the civilian gen3 scopes can have a paralax problem as they use front lit reticles. meaning the reticle is in front of the image tube and if your eye is not in the same spot every time then the POI may change.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/066291.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top