Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 5:00:40 PM EDT
Just got a set of M4 handguards from Bushmaster.  Prior to ordering I inquired if they were compatible with ARMS #38EX Swan Sleeves.  Sales rep says that they are.  

After putting handguards on I attempt to put my #38EX back on.  Front of Sleeve hits top handguard.  It appears as though at least 1/8" of material would have to be ground off of the top of the hand guard in order for the Sleeve extension to pass over it.  

Does anyone have any suggestions other than shipping it back to Bushmaster??  Already spoke with Jarrod and he stated that they test all their products for compatibility and it's supposed to work.  He stated he would issue a UPS pick-up for a refund.  I wanted to ask before I shipped them off.  Mine absolutely does not work, I've attempted to put those handguards on forwards, backwards, right side up and upside down, the two won't work together.

HELP
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't work.  You can either grind off some plastic or use a standard handguard on the top.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Most have left the over size hand guard on the bottom, and put the std. smaller one on top. This works out well as you get a better grip on the weapon that way, plus better cooling of the barrel in rapid fire.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Whew! Thanks guys, I thought I was missing something as Jarrod was pretty adamant that these items would work together.

Again, thanks for the quick response.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Email sent.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top