Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 7:54:23 AM EDT
Does anyone have a GGG Scout rail setup on their flatop with an Aimpoint? Can you post a pic, or email me? I'm leaning towards that arrangement with a MAD BUIS becuase I like the asthetics of a full rail despite the minimal extra weight. I like the idea it protects my receiver from many "on and offs" of the Aimpoint. I've considered other setups (ARMS M68/#40) for my M4gery, but would love to see someone's personal GGG setup, and hear any feedback before I make a decision.

Thanks all.

(edited for spellin')
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a GG&G Scout rail on my LEO Bushy, with an Aimpoint Comp M2 mounted in a GG&G standard mount, spaced as far forward as possible. I have been very happy with the setup, it returns to zero perfectly (so far). I have a GG&G MAD buis behind the rail.

The only problem I have had with the rail is clearance for oversize handguards. Despite what GG&G has said, the rail would not clear the top handguard of a SureFire 500A without removing some material from the handguard.
If you don't plan on installing a 500 or other oversize handguards, the Scout rail should work just fine.

I don't have a picture of the setup, but if I can talk my fellow employee into taking a pic, I will try to post one for you....  
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply NCCop. Sounds like you have the exact setup I'm looking to buy, even the same rear BUIS! I'm looking forward to seeing your setup if you can wrangle your friend into taking a digital pic for ya.

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#3]
NC, Man, sorry you had trouble fitting the Scout rail over the M500. I had this set up for years and never had a problem. I've use it on my rifle and a friend is currently using it on his over a set of M4 handgaurds. Here's a couple pics of each.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p813c04d324c9bd51c07131d1eb241f24/fdcf6da3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p3196c13417cad13e7bec9d0001ad9cb8/fdcf6da6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p51373e0884ff4ab2e1c029214ac64520/fc560a4e.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p7e3cd7f6fd105b7e6eaba17236572a89/fc560528.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive got a DPMS M4 with all GGnG accessories.
the scout rail, A2 rear sight, front vert grip and rail as well as their standardaimpiont mount... Ive got some arms stuff as well but to be completely honest... I like the GGnG stuff way better and GGnG shipped it right to my door in Canada something most people selling arms stuff didnt want to do .. including ARMS themselves.

I'll try to post some pics
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Will this scout rail work with an ARMS#40?  I e-mailed GGG and they said no, but that looked like a #40 in new-arguy's pic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive had really bad expierences trying to get
GGnG and ARMS to fit together.. My M68/40 would not fit my GGnG scout rail.. nor would my GGnG A2 Flip up fit on my Armalite with ARMS
sir in place...without metal being removed that
is ...

they really dont cross well ... but that said .. either setup is pretty descent . but
I love the GGnG stuff .. well built installs nice and its finished well ... from my point of view  :)  you cant got wrong with em
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
GG&G makes a Scout rail for the M500 handguard. You need to ask there sales rep,William when you call. He was very helpful and knew how things interface together.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get the #40 and save some money by getting the 22M68 with the cantilever spacer, and be out over the hanguard with high performance and no wories about clearances anywhere.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can get the #40 and save some money by getting the 22M68 with the cantilever spacer, and be out over the hanguard with high performance and no wories about clearances anywhere.
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

I tend to agree. I like the cantilever mounts on the flat top instead of the rail then the mount. The Cantilevers offer more extention anyway, and theu are lighter.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top