Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:34:45 PM EDT
I bought a harris bipod, 9-13, (technically its not a harris its just a really good mock-up according to my local gun shop) and the guy installed it for me and threw away the instructions...and now I can't for the LIFE of my figure out how to shorten the legs up now that I've pulled em out!  I loosen up the tightening knobs but still nothing budges.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Id doesn't sound like a really good mock up because Harris bipods don't use knobs on the legs, they use a binding ring plate.

Sounds like you have done your part, loosen the knobs and smack the ends of the legs.  Perhaps it's stiff or the legs are all the way in already.  Got a picture?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My harris bipod has knobs on the legs.  Push on the locking plate when they are fully extended.  Watch your fingers!  They spring back with a quickness.  Make sure the knobs are loose.  

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PgDSAiYQ7MfMe5fsnm3G36yYwOmCdLR7GdHJaTmu5dod!UDjm98IPRRVdeqtZfiHDJdHM4lqvRtq8OVO9RKeawd!8ZmpAehC/136_3653.JPG?dc=4675443537420746103[/img]

push down here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
[slap] M-60 is correct.  It has been a while for me and I was thinking about the spring tension plates, not the extension button and knobs - MY BAD!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't remember seeing that button there...but that might just be my memory.  I will check it out the next time I get a chance to take my baby out.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top