Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 2:20:11 PM EDT
I picked up my EOTech 511A65 today, thanks to all who have answered my questions on previous threads....now for todays questions!

I noticed on the left side of the sight where it interfaces with the flattop rail, that the mount sits all the way down on the lower half of the flat as in the first pic.

On the right side, the clamping block of the sight only engages half of the lower flat of the flattops rail. As in this second pic.

Is this normally how the EOTech should mount? I was worried initally about the scope mounting correctly because of my Model 1 Sales upper rail being out of spec, but this now has me worried.

Second question is: Exactly how durable are the EOTech sights? While I was messing around taking the sight on and off I dropped it off my work bench and it landed on the rug in front of the bench then slid on the concret underneath the bench!

Seems that the only damage was a VERY small scratch in the annodized hood on the lower right corner. I touched that up and it looks good as new again. I reattached the sight and it still works and is still co-witnessed to the irons.

I've saved and scrounged for so long to buy a decent optic for my AR, am I just paranoid about my new toy?!!!!!

I'll be drinking a cold one to calm my nerves while I wait for your responses!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You are good to go.  just make sure the unit is hand tighten as much as possible, since your unit came with the new plasic washer on the thumb screw, you don't need to do anything more then a secure hand tighten.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You are good to go.  just make sure the unit is hand tighten as much as possible, since your unit came with the new plasic washer on the thumb screw, you don't need to do anything more then a secure hand tighten.
View Quote

It also came with a orange instruction sheet explaining the procedure for mounting with the thumb screw. I did as they suggest which was tighten by hand then with a nickle (I used a quarter sized washer) go an additional 3/4 turn.

Hope this is enough.

Thanks SMGLee!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It also came with a orange instruction sheet explaining the procedure for mounting with the thumb screw. I did as they suggest which was tighten by hand then with a nickle (I used a quarter sized washer) go an additional 3/4 turn.

Hope this is enough.

Thanks SMGLee!
View Quote

If you follow the instruction, that puppy is not going to come off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top