Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 4:48:12 AM EDT
I am building up a Mod 1 SPR and haven't decided yet on my mounting setup.  I would like to use Badger rings, but i'm close to not getting the correct eye relief.  I like the idea of solid steel directly mounted to my upper at 65in lbs, so this was my first choice.  The ARMS #35 has also crossed my mind, but I am curious as to how robust and true to zero this mount would stay -- I'm not talking about return to zero, I'm saying how solid it will stay once locked down.  I've always used ARMS stuff for my M4s with Relfex, Aimpoint, and ACOG; never worried about it on M4s.  Also, which ring heights would I need in both the Badger and #35 setup to be correct.  I have a KAC 600M rear, so it needs to clear that.

Thanks for any input!

--Keith
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Wes at www.mstn.biz for all your needs.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the Spec ops folks put are using #22 med and or high ARMS throw levers on the Gov't SPR's, and have gone thru a lot of combat use with excellent results, if that answers your question.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the ARMS #35 on my SPR wannabe with a Leupold LR M3.  Return to zero is very good, within 1/2 MOA or so.  It does take a few rounds to 'bed in' after removal, even if I slide it forward against the groove in the upper.  Once it settles down, 3/8" groups are possible.

I am using the low rings and they just barely clear the KAC 300m BUIS.  I had to bevel the forward edge of the sight to be sure they diod not touch.  Most people prefer the medium rings on the #35.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top