Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 1:13:05 PM EDT
I'm in the process of scraping together the money for optics for my M4gery. I was leaning towards an EOTech because of price and not having to purchase additional mounts. Now I can get an Aimpoint for a few bucks more but don't have an additional 80-100 dollars for the typical co-witness mounts that are designed for the Aimpoint.

I was considering this BMAS mount with the standard Aimpoint ring that used to come with the sight. I think I may need an additional riser under the ring if I was to go this route.

Anyone have pics of alternate methods they've used to mount an Aimpoint and still be able to co-witness with the irons?

I would be using a cut carry handle as back up.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the equipement exchange board for mounts.

The new Aimpoint no longer come equipped with the ring. if it is used Aimpoint, ask the guy if he has mount for it he might want to sell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I used an ARMS (high) 30mm scope ring that was originally intended for a .50 caliber.  The ring is beefy enough for keeping the Aimpoint in place and also is high enough to mount on the upper and cowitness with both an ARMS flip up rear sight and the front sight.  The rings come two for $100.00 but I found a buddy who wanted to do the same thing and I split the cost of the two.  Might be an option.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used an ARMS (high) 30mm scope ring that was originally intended for a .50 caliber.  The ring is beefy enough for keeping the Aimpoint in place and also is high enough to mount on the upper and cowitness with both an ARMS flip up rear sight and the front sight.  The rings come two for $100.00 but I found a buddy who wanted to do the same thing and I split the cost of the two.  Might be an option.
View Quote

I also saw those mounts and had the same idea....but I don't have a buddy to split the costs with.

Do you by chance have a pic you'd be willing to post? I'd like to see your set up with those rings.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I *strongly* urge you to save up and get the ARMS #22M68 and #22M68EXT (the cantilever spacer).  In the long run, you'll be much better off, even if it delays you a little while from mounting your AimPoint.

-Troy
View Quote

Thanks for the advice Troy.

I'm leaning more towards an EOTech now after reading SMGLee's artical on the Maryland AR site.

Now comes the decision N battery or AA, NVG or no NVG!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top