Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2003 1:06:28 PM EDT
Dadgummit!  I was monkeying with my TA31 this past weekend, and it slipped from my hands and fell to the concrete patio.  A slight ding on the distal tip around the fiber optic tube housing, one on the center of the body, and another near the eyepiece.  A little Aluma-Hide covered up the dings, but I'm still kicking myself.

Zero seems unaffected.  Let's hope so.

Glad that this was not a mere mortal optic...

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd check your patio for stress points.  It'll probably start cracking near where the ACOG hit.  [;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Battle scuffs and dings, gives it character.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Was it attached to your rifle at the time?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Deserving of a "So there I was..." war stories [;)]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was it attached to your rifle at the time?
View Quote

Nope.  If there is a silver lining to this, that's it.  If the preban Bushy would have hit with it, I'd still be [banghead]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
So many different people handle my ACOGs all day every day that its been dropped 2 times that I know of. Probably more that I dont! Couple knicks here and there...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So many different people handle my ACOGs all day every day ...
View Quote

Did Ahnohld handle your "ACOG"?  He's a serial groper, after all.

Don't be a victim!

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Let Randy Johnson throw a mister snappy with it against a brick wall and it will still be  working fine!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Well ACOG has designed to sustain enough of this so don't worry.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
YOUR ACOG IS NO LONGER SERVICABLE.  ONCE YOU DROP AN ACOG TO THE GROUND IT WILL NEVER WORK PROPERLY AGAIN.  IT WILL PROBABLY LEAK INVISABLE "STUFF" AND COULD CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS.  YOU MUST DISPOSE OF THIS DAMAGED OPTIC PROPERLY.  I AM A CERTIFIED DAMAGED ACOG DISPOSAL SITE.  I RECCOMMEND THAT YOU CAREFULLY PLACE THE OPTIC BACK IN THE BOX, SO YOU DON'T GET ANY "STUFF" ON YOU, AND MAIL IT TO ME AT ONCE.  I OFFER THE ACOG DISPOSAL SITE AS A NOT FOR PROFIT SERVICE TO THE WORLD COMMUNITY.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#11]
BFD.  This is why I put TA44s on all of my department's patrol carbines.  WE drop them, we abuse them and they don't lose zero.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#12]
In the text of ACOG manual Trijicon says that they dropped ACOG with M16A2 from 6 feet and rifle's carry handle was damaged after repeating dropping but ACOG still worked fine.

That said..I think I need another carbine with a Compact ACOG...[:D]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top