Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 4:14:55 PM EDT
does anyone have any experience with this mount?

thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
i shoot from my right shoulder, but aim/sight with my left eye.

i've had flat-tops, but the extra height gained by mounting on the handle makes it easier to see the sighting device with my left eye from my right shoulder.

given that i'm going to use an upper with a carry handle, i'm trying to figure the best way to do it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi
They hold zero but not popping on and off. I went to a flattop for reasons stated above. If your interested I have one I'll sell you. (might have a new one as well) Drop me an email if interested.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I love how when a question about about a carry handle scope mount comes up, the majority of replies are "get a flat top".

No joke, but some of us actually have questions and legitimate reasons for our questions. Huh, go figure.

As to the MK Arms mount, I have one on my Bushy Shorty AK and it works very well. It fits just right, no slop and you don't need to beat in place w/a mallet. It holds it's zero and mounts a scope about as low as you can get it above the carry handle. I have used it with both 1" dia tubes and 30mm tubes. Comes with the ring inserts and is a solid well made mount.

The disadvantage to the design is that you cannot adjust the spacing of your rings. This may cause some difficulty with scopes like the IOR M1 & M2's and the ATN 5x33's since the don't have a straight linear tube design.

If anyone has experience with this mount and the above mentioned scopes, I'd like to hear about it.

Also it may be worth mentioning, I fabricated a teflon washer to go under the thumbnut to prevent lossening of the nut during firing. It wasn't a problem, but I thought it would be a good preventative measure.

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:

The disadvantage to the design is that you cannot adjust the spacing of your rings. This may cause some difficulty with scopes like the IOR M1 & M2's and the ATN 5x33's since the don't have a straight linear tube design.

If anyone has experience with this mount and the above mentioned scopes, I'd like to hear about it.

View Quote

I can certainly attest to the fact that the ATN 5x33 will not fit in an MK Arms mount without filing the inside edges of the rings!   As stated above, the MK Arms mount is one-piece, and as such the rings are not adjustable.  The 5x33's objective bells interfere with those rings, and as such, some of the material has to be filed off make it fit right.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]
THANK YOU
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top