Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 11:15:58 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting the springfield armory 6-20x56 mil-dot illuminated for my bushmaster varmiter. does anybody have any info on these scopes before i shell out $700.00
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Springfield Armory scope, their reputation is not to good, I have read about failures, but mine has been okay and I like it.

What I used on my Bushmaster Varminter is a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20X44 matte finish with an Armalite one piece mount, it looks right on for that gun and is an excellent quality scope.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Varminter a few weeks ago, and although I have mostly VARI-X III Leupolds and fixed-power Springfields, I got a good price on the 6-20-56mm Springfield, which is a substantial-sized scope.  I waited until the scope arrived to measure for rings.  Even using the riser blocks, I opted for ARMS 22H (1-3/8" high) rings to set the eyepiece up where I like it, and ordered them direct from Bushmaster (I was ordering mags and a butt-stock weight anyway).  If you get it, you'll like it, especially when you superimpose the illuminated reticle over the target, and pop 'em all within a 1/2".  I have not had any prior problems with a Springfield, one of which gets a pretty good workout on my M1A.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info, i will put it to good use. sungunner are the outer edges blurry on the 6-20-56 or is it crystal and what kind of ammo are u shooting out of your varmiter?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's another current Springfield optics thread here you might find interesting before you go and  throw away, err, I mean spend your $700:
 [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=5&t=171273&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
i read enough , im not getting a springfield. i will save a little more and get a leaupold.

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i read enough , im not getting a springfield. i will save a little more and get a leaupold.

thanks for the info
View Quote

Or... save a little more and get a Nightforce.
--RR
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Odd my old Springfield Armory Generation One 4-14 x 56mm scope (SN 29490) is razor sharp from edge to edge at both ends of the zoom range.

Edited to add: I don't drag my rifles behind my truck but rather put them in a soft case that rides [b]inside[/b] the truck. This scope has been on all of my .308 rifles to include my FAL, M1A, and Remington 700.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top